NO MATTER WHO YOU’RE SPENDING YOUR VALENTINE’S DAY WITH, make sure to treat them to something healthy, sweet and divine. These ‘love truffles’ are the perfect way to show your gratitude and appreciation for someone (hint: it could be yourself).
This recipe was originally posted from a wonderful colleagues of mine, Naturopathic doctor Negin Misaghi from Total Health Naturopathy. However, since living in a small beach town in Uruguay doesn’t always offer the largest variety of ingredients, I had to improvise.
Although this recipe is not Hypo-Allergenic, it is healthy, raw and vegan-friendly. Enjoy.
Chocolate Truffle: the healthy way
- 1 huge avocado
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes (instead of dates)
- 1/3 cup crushed cashews
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix (instead of cocoa powder)
- 1 tbsp shredded dried coconut
- Instead of using a food processor, crush the cashews with a mortar and pestle-type contraption (I used the bottom of a bowl).
- Chop up the prunes into small pieces with a dull serrated knife.
- Smash the giant avocado and mix it together with the other ingredients.
- This should give you a crumbly mixture, but more realistically it will be like a chunky pudding.
- Put the pudding mixture in the freezer to help set.
- After an hour, make little balls using your hands and roll in coconut shreds or cocoa powder to finish!
Happy Valentine’s Day <3