TODAY, take on one of “Today’s Challenges”. Once you make a choice, write it down on a piece of paper and keep that paper in your pocket all day as a reminder.
I’ve also included an optional “Bonus Challenge” if you’re feeling especially motivated today.
Pick one of the following challenges to take on and continue to build relationship for the rest of this week:
- [ ] Talk to someone new from an already existing family or friend group and take an interest in their hobbies
- [ ] Invite a family member, friend, or colleague for a walk and focus the conversation on them
- [ ] Share one of your health goals with a trusted person
- [ ] Join an online group of strong, empowered and healthy people
- [ ] Join a group activity at your local gym, studio or community center
- [ ] Bring in some healthy snacks for your colleagues
- [ ] Sign-up for the “Strong & Sexy in 6” program and join our private online support group through Facebook
Bonus Challenge (optional): Do something nice for someone
Giving back to your community is a great way to show your appreciation and strengthen the group’s dynamic. Your community may be your work colleagues, the group of morning exercisers at your local gym or your online social network.
But your community is also your neighbors, the barista at your favorite Starbucks, and the strangers you walked past this morning. We are all interconnected and share common human traits of fear, struggle and a desire to be loved. We are all doing the best we can.
This week, take on the challenge of brightening someone’s day. Here are some ideas:
- Volunteer your time at a shelter or nursing home
- Share a smile with a stranger
- Listen intently, not just to the words but how that person has been affected
- Share some healthy snacks or favorite recipes with friends
- Make a special evening for your spouse or partner, just because
- Give your children your undivided attention
Practice patience, loving kindness and compassion
Have you finished filling out your Diet and Lifestyle Diary?
Flip back to Day 1 and make sure you track at least 2 weekdays and 1 weekend.
What patterns have you noticed in your day-to-day habits?
Can you identify 3 areas that could help you feel your optimal self?
I'd love to help you identify any areas for improvement.
For a limited time, the "Strong & Sexy in 6" program includes a FREE 20-minute consultation with me,
Dr. Alison Chen, ND.
This is a limited time offer, so sign-up for the SS6 program today!