We flew into Siem Reap, Cambodia on Dec. 11, 2013 and stayed for 3 nights. Here are the highlights of the trip:
- Visited the Old Market of Siem Reap and the built up tourist districts
- 5am Sunrise tour of Angkor Wat
- Toured through the City of Angkor: Bayon (Temple of Faces), Ta Prom (Temple in the trees), and other smaller Wats
- Visited the local Silk Farm where they made all their silk by hand. Everything from harvesting the silk worm, spinning the thread, dying the intricate patterns and weaving the silk into garments, scarves and accessories all by hand.
- Cambodian BBQ grill and hot pot, complete with beef, chicken and crocodile meat!
- Ferry boat ride through the floating village of
- Personal canoe ride in the Mangrove Forest
- Visited a Crocodile Farm