The Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC) was established in February 2001, to propel and foster the naturopathic medical profession by actively supporting the academic efforts of accredited and recognized schools of naturopathic medicine.
The AANMC supports member schools and colleges in an effort to:
- Improve their quality of education, operations, research and patient care.
- Enhance their visibility.
- Aid in the development, growth and preservation of the naturopathic medical profession.
- Foster collaboration between AANMC members and compatible organizations.
- Engage in activities, such as fundraising, in an effort to accomplish these shared goals.
Member institutions of the AANMC:
- Bastyr University
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- National College of Natural Medicine
- National University of Health Sciences
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine
Accreditation and Licensing
All AANMC member institutions have been accredited or are in candidate status for accreditation by one of the regional accrediting agencies approved by the US Department of Education. In addition, all of the naturopathic medicine programs of the member schools have been accredited (or are candidates for accreditation) by the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME), the recognized accreditor for naturopathic medical programs in North America.
Students graduating from the naturopathic programs of AANMC member schools are eligible to sit for the naturopathic physicians licensing exam (NPLEX). Passing the NPLEX is required before a doctor of naturopathic medicine can be licensed by a state or jurisdiction as a primary care general practice physician.