The vision of Naturopaths for Integrative Geriatric Care (NIGC) is to support optimal health and bring empowerment to the geriatric community through accessible, holistic and integrative medicine.
The mission of Naturopaths for Integrative Geriatric Care (NIGC) is to provide the Geriatric community in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with exceptional holistic health care in a way that is both personal and affordable. The Naturopathic interns at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) leads in providing effective primary care with individualized treatment on a physical, mental and emotional level. Under supervision of a licensed Naturopathic Doctor, forth-year interns work and collaborate with the elder’s existing health care team to provide empowerment and optimal health.
- to educate and prepare Naturopathic students and doctors for treating the elderly population effectively.
- to ensure that patients feel cared for in all areas of our service.
- to provide a professional and fulfilling work environment for employees, physicians and students that provides a fair income and is enjoyable.
- to provide value to your healthcare facility, both professionally and economically.
- to support those unable to physically or financially obtain Naturopathic medicine.
- to build a cohesive and accessible Geriatric health care system.
Key Values and Beliefs:
- we will care for the Geriatric patients as we would wish to be cared for ourselves and our loved ones.
- Integrity at every level will not be compromised.
- we value the personal lives of our employees, physicians and interns.
- we value excellence in medical education at all staff levels.
- we recruit, train and re-train new interns and support staff to the highest level of service.
- we promote a family-like sense of common purpose within the clinic.
- we provide an efficient and pleasant environment to enhance caring for our patients.
Above all, we provide hope and comfort to the Geriatric community, revisiting their health concerns on a regular basis and adjusting their treatments accordingly. We want the Geriatric community to feel empowered and at peace along their journey.